SC upholds death sentence given to three AIADMK workers
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday upheld the death sentence awarded to three AIADMK workers in connection with the 2000 Dharmapuri bus burning case in which
three college girls were charred to death.
A bench comprising Justices GS Singhvi and BS Chauhan confirmed the death sentence awarded by the Madras High Court in 2007.
The trial court had also held the three workers guilty and awarded capital punishment.
Twenty-five other persons were given punishments ranging from two months to two years imprisonment in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!