School authorities told by HC to pay salary to teacher
Chennai: The Madras High Court has directed school education authorities to pay salary to a teacher from August 2012 as he was not absorbed by any other school after closure of the institution he had worked in Kanyakumari district.
Justice D Hariparanthaman, in his order passed recently, ordered issue of notice to the School Education Secretary, Director, Elementary Education and District Elementary Education Officer and also directed them to pay the teacher his salary till he was absorbed in a school.
Susaimahesh, a second grade teacher, submitted in his petition that he was denied salary for more than a year by St Mary’s Primary School in Kil Asaripallam of Kanyakumari district after it was closed.
He was appointed on August 1, 2005 and following its closure, the District Elementary Educational Officer passed an order on March 9, 2013, in which he directed the petitioner to join St Antony School in Senbagaramanbuttandurai.
As there was no vacancy in that school, the school authorities did not take him.
Later, DEEO of Kanyakumari had sent a communication to his counterpart in Tirunelveli district to accommodate the petitioner in any of the schools of that district.
Under these circumstances, Susaimahesh filed this petition praying for a direction to absorb him in any of the schools in Kanyakumari district and also pay him salary from August 2012 to the date of closure of the school, in which he was appointed.
The judge then directed the authorities concerned to pay salary arrears from August 2012 within four weeks and also directed school education authorities to pay the salary every month till he is absorbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi