School principal, 2 teachers booked for beating student
Salem: A Principal and two teachers of a private school here have been booked for beating a seventh standard student who allegedly threatened other boys to bring money, among other things, police said on Friday.
A case has been registered under IPC sections 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) and 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means) against the Principal, the class teacher and Physical Training Master, police said.
Police said the boy had been warned thrice by school authorities and when he allegedly threatened his classmate to bring money and mobile phone, the matter was reported to the Principal who beat him with a cane yesterday.
The class teacher and Physical Training Master also allegedly beat him.
Sources said the boy informed his mother who lodged a complaint, adding, he was later admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'