Scolded by father, girl sets herself on fire in TN
Sivakasi: A 13-year-old girl set herself
on fire reportedly after her father scolded her for poor marks
in an exam conducted by her school, police said
The girl, studying in the eight standred in an aided school at Villampatti, went to the terrace and doused herself
with kerosene before setting herself on fire.
Her father, who tried to rescue her, suffered burns
on his hand.
The girl has been admitted to the government hospital
here with 80 per cent burns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre