Scolded by father, girl sets herself on fire in TN
Sivakasi: A 13-year-old girl set herself
on fire reportedly after her father scolded her for poor marks
in an exam conducted by her school, police said
The girl, studying in the eight standred in an aided school at Villampatti, went to the terrace and doused herself
with kerosene before setting herself on fire.
Her father, who tried to rescue her, suffered burns
on his hand.
The girl has been admitted to the government hospital
here with 80 per cent burns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London
- Nirbhaya rapist has links with jihadists; UP police advised to keep close watch
- Fire breaks out at Amritsar railway station; damages main server, other equipments
- Why Brexit is a harbinger of climate change?