Scolded by father, girl sets herself on fire in TN
Sivakasi: A 13-year-old girl set herself
on fire reportedly after her father scolded her for poor marks
in an exam conducted by her school, police said
The girl, studying in the eight standred in an aided school at Villampatti, went to the terrace and doused herself
with kerosene before setting herself on fire.
Her father, who tried to rescue her, suffered burns
on his hand.
The girl has been admitted to the government hospital
here with 80 per cent burns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win