Search on for naxals in Tamil Nadu
Udhagamandalam: The Special Task Force (STF) personnel along with police are today carrying out search operations in the jungles of Pandalur in the hilly Nilgiris District following intelligence about possible presence of the ultras.
Based on intelligence tip-off that the naxalites may celebrate the birthday of one of its leaders and likely to indulge in violence, a 40-member team, drawn from Police and STF are combing the 20 KM area of Keelnadugani-Glenrock and Mepadi, bordering Tamil Nadu and Kerala, police said.
Besides alerting the border checkposts in Kerala and Tamil Nadu, additional force has been deployed near the Central Government installations, including the BSNL office, and also Police stations, they said.
The operations were being led by Cherampadi Police Inspector Mahendran and STF Inspector Krishnamoorthy, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler