Search on for naxals in Tamil Nadu
Udhagamandalam: The Special Task Force (STF) personnel along with police are today carrying out search operations in the jungles of Pandalur in the hilly Nilgiris District following intelligence about possible presence of the ultras.
Based on intelligence tip-off that the naxalites may celebrate the birthday of one of its leaders and likely to indulge in violence, a 40-member team, drawn from Police and STF are combing the 20 KM area of Keelnadugani-Glenrock and Mepadi, bordering Tamil Nadu and Kerala, police said.
Besides alerting the border checkposts in Kerala and Tamil Nadu, additional force has been deployed near the Central Government installations, including the BSNL office, and also Police stations, they said.
The operations were being led by Cherampadi Police Inspector Mahendran and STF Inspector Krishnamoorthy, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'