Security arrangements for first India-Pakistan ODI discussed
Chennai: Security arrangements for the first ODI between India and Pakistan to be played at the Chepauk here on December 30 were discussed at a high-level meeting on Tuesday.
Officials from the Cricket Board (BCCI), Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) met Commissioner of Police S George and discussed the security and other logistics for the keenly-awaited encounter.
They discussed the itinerary of the teams and place of stay and other programmes with the Commissioner.
The meeting was attended by BCCI general manager (game development) Ratnakar Shetty, BCCI (Anti-Corruption and Security Unit) Ravi Sawani and cricket operations (Manager) Suru Naik.
PCB representative Nadeem Sarwar, Pakistan Security (Director) Ehsan Sadiq, Cricket Operations (Manager) Usman Wahla, Tamil Nadu Cricket Association member Ganesan and secretary K S Viswanathan also participated in the meeting, the release added.
The India-Pakistan series will have three ODIs and two Twenty20 Internationals between December 25 and January 6 next year.
The ODI matches will be played in Chennai, Kolkata and New Delhi while the Twenty20 games will be held in Bangalore and Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'