Security cover tightened in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Tight security cover has been thrown in and around the city and rural limits to prevent any eventualities in view of the 20th Anniversary of Babri Masjid Demolition falling on Thursday, police said.
Nearly 2,500 police personnel will be on round the clock vigil in and around the city, while over 3,000 would cover the rural, police said adding extra forces would be posted in sensitive and hypersensitive areas, from Wednesday night.
Armed police would guard the places of worship and also the Government Installations, railway stations, bus stands and places of large public concentrations and more than 35 patrol teams would be moving round the clock, they said.
Lodges and guest houses have already been checked and vehicles would be checked at the 11 checkposts, installed at various entry points to the city, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan