Security cover tightened in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Tight security cover has been thrown in and around the city and rural limits to prevent any eventualities in view of the 20th Anniversary of Babri Masjid Demolition falling on Thursday, police said.
Nearly 2,500 police personnel will be on round the clock vigil in and around the city, while over 3,000 would cover the rural, police said adding extra forces would be posted in sensitive and hypersensitive areas, from Wednesday night.
Armed police would guard the places of worship and also the Government Installations, railway stations, bus stands and places of large public concentrations and more than 35 patrol teams would be moving round the clock, they said.
Lodges and guest houses have already been checked and vehicles would be checked at the 11 checkposts, installed at various entry points to the city, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore