Security cover tightened in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Tight security cover has been thrown in and around the city and rural limits to prevent any eventualities in view of the 20th Anniversary of Babri Masjid Demolition falling on Thursday, police said.
Nearly 2,500 police personnel will be on round the clock vigil in and around the city, while over 3,000 would cover the rural, police said adding extra forces would be posted in sensitive and hypersensitive areas, from Wednesday night.
Armed police would guard the places of worship and also the Government Installations, railway stations, bus stands and places of large public concentrations and more than 35 patrol teams would be moving round the clock, they said.
Lodges and guest houses have already been checked and vehicles would be checked at the 11 checkposts, installed at various entry points to the city, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda