Security cover tightened in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Tight security cover has been thrown in and around the city and rural limits to prevent any eventualities in view of the 20th Anniversary of Babri Masjid Demolition falling on Thursday, police said.
Nearly 2,500 police personnel will be on round the clock vigil in and around the city, while over 3,000 would cover the rural, police said adding extra forces would be posted in sensitive and hypersensitive areas, from Wednesday night.
Armed police would guard the places of worship and also the Government Installations, railway stations, bus stands and places of large public concentrations and more than 35 patrol teams would be moving round the clock, they said.
Lodges and guest houses have already been checked and vehicles would be checked at the 11 checkposts, installed at various entry points to the city, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!