Security cover tightened in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: Tight security cover has been thrown in and around the city and rural limits to prevent any eventualities in view of the 20th Anniversary of Babri Masjid Demolition falling on Thursday, police said.
Nearly 2,500 police personnel will be on round the clock vigil in and around the city, while over 3,000 would cover the rural, police said adding extra forces would be posted in sensitive and hypersensitive areas, from Wednesday night.
Armed police would guard the places of worship and also the Government Installations, railway stations, bus stands and places of large public concentrations and more than 35 patrol teams would be moving round the clock, they said.
Lodges and guest houses have already been checked and vehicles would be checked at the 11 checkposts, installed at various entry points to the city, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH