Security hiked in Andal temple
Srivilliputhur: Security arrangements for the famous Sri Andal temple in this town has been increased with the installation of 40 closed circuit cameras following threat to the temple from some terrorists groups.
According to temple officials, they had already cleared the temple surroundings of the bushes and trees to give a clear view.
Armed policemen had been posted near the Raja Gopuram (main tower) round-the-clock, which is the logo of the Tamil Nadu Government.
A team of officials from Chennai visited the temple, famous for it beatutiful sculptures and paintings, as well as idols, and based on their advice the security had been beefed up with the installation of cameras and metal detector devices at important places.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know