Security stepped up at Salem District BJP office
Salem: Security has been stepped up outside the District BJP office and party`s murdered Tamil Nadu unit general secretary`s house here after an anonymous letter was received threatening that a bomb would be exploded, a top police official said on Tuesday.
Salem City Police Commissioner A Amalraj said the letter was received at the party`s district office yesterday.
It said BJP should not function in Tamil Nadu and threatened that a bomb would be exploded, he said.
V Ramesh alias `Auditor" Ramesh, who was BJP Tamil Nadu unit general secretary, was brutally murdered in Salem in July last year.
The letter was handed over to the Commissioner last night by BJP district secretary Annadurai, Ramesh`s brother Seshadri, and RSS district president Santhoshkumar.
They sought security for the office and Ramesh`s family, sources said, adding, police are maintaining strict vigil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi