Security stepped up at Salem District BJP office
Salem: Security has been stepped up outside the District BJP office and party`s murdered Tamil Nadu unit general secretary`s house here after an anonymous letter was received threatening that a bomb would be exploded, a top police official said on Tuesday.
Salem City Police Commissioner A Amalraj said the letter was received at the party`s district office yesterday.
It said BJP should not function in Tamil Nadu and threatened that a bomb would be exploded, he said.
V Ramesh alias `Auditor" Ramesh, who was BJP Tamil Nadu unit general secretary, was brutally murdered in Salem in July last year.
The letter was handed over to the Commissioner last night by BJP district secretary Annadurai, Ramesh`s brother Seshadri, and RSS district president Santhoshkumar.
They sought security for the office and Ramesh`s family, sources said, adding, police are maintaining strict vigil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon