Security stepped up at Salem District BJP office
Salem: Security has been stepped up outside the District BJP office and party`s murdered Tamil Nadu unit general secretary`s house here after an anonymous letter was received threatening that a bomb would be exploded, a top police official said on Tuesday.
Salem City Police Commissioner A Amalraj said the letter was received at the party`s district office yesterday.
It said BJP should not function in Tamil Nadu and threatened that a bomb would be exploded, he said.
V Ramesh alias `Auditor" Ramesh, who was BJP Tamil Nadu unit general secretary, was brutally murdered in Salem in July last year.
The letter was handed over to the Commissioner last night by BJP district secretary Annadurai, Ramesh`s brother Seshadri, and RSS district president Santhoshkumar.
They sought security for the office and Ramesh`s family, sources said, adding, police are maintaining strict vigil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus