Septuagenarian moves HC for relief in case filed by son
Madurai: Madras High Court Bench here has
restrained police from filing a chargesheet against an aged
couple and their unmarried daughter for alleged attempt to
murder of their 38-year old lawyer son after they charged he
foisted the case on them with an intention to extract money
and immovable properties.
Admitting a petition filed by septuagenarian J Roby of
Kottar in Kanyakumari, Justice KK Sasidharan ordered notice
to the District Collector and Police returnable by April 12.
Roby alleged that his son R Anittar Alwin had lodged a
false complaint with the intention of extracting money and
occupying the immovable.
The petitioner said he was the father of two girl children
and one son. His youngest daughter was unmarried and was
living along with him. He claimed to have offered his self
acquired property worth about Rs. 30 crore to his son,
practising as an advocate, through a settlement deed.
Yet, his son wanted more and harassed the family, he said
listing a series of incidents. So far five criminal cases had
been registered against Alwin. But the police did not take any
effective steps in those cases as the accused was a lawyer and
a member of Nagercoil Bar Association, he added.
However, police entertained a complaint filed by Alwin and
registered a case against the petitioner, his wife and
daughter under various IPC sections allgedly due to a nexus
between his son and the local DSP N. Baskaran, he charged.
The petitioner sought transfer of the investigation in the
case to the Crime Branch-Criminal Investigation Department
with a direction to complete the probe and file a report in a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad