Seven fishermen stranded near Neduntheevu rescued
Rameswaram: Seven fishermen who got stranded in their country boat near Neduntheevu off Sri lankan coast on June 2, have been rescued and were being brought to India on Tuesday, Pamban Fishermen`s Association president Arulanandham said.
Officials said the fishermen got stranded as their engine developed snag, and they strayed towards Neduntheevu.
A team of thirteen fishermen who went in search of them found their boat anchored near Neduntheevu.
They were towed to Indian Territorial waters and were expected to reach this coast late night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!