Seven fishermen stranded near Neduntheevu rescued
Rameswaram: Seven fishermen who got stranded in their country boat near Neduntheevu off Sri lankan coast on June 2, have been rescued and were being brought to India on Tuesday, Pamban Fishermen`s Association president Arulanandham said.
Officials said the fishermen got stranded as their engine developed snag, and they strayed towards Neduntheevu.
A team of thirteen fishermen who went in search of them found their boat anchored near Neduntheevu.
They were towed to Indian Territorial waters and were expected to reach this coast late night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing