Seven held in Salem for cheating
Salem (TN): Seven persons, including a woman,
have been arrested in connection with a `land-raffle` cheating
case, a top police official said on Thursday.
City Police Commissioner Chokkalingam said the group told
people that whose enrolled for the scheme, each membership
costing rs 300, would be given land in Salem or Nammakal
district if their name figures in the raffle draw.
The matter came to light after a person complained that
no draw was conducted at the place mentioned and that he was
threatened by the group, he said.
Three cars and Rs 2.20 lakh were also seized when the seven
were arrested last night, he said, adding, police were on the
lookout for some more persons in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming