Seven killed, 35 injured as bus falls into gorge
Coimbatore: Seven persons, including a woman and a child, were killed and 35 others injured when a Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation bus fell into a 70 ft deep gorge near Valparai, about 100 kms from here, police said Sunday.
While three died on the spot, others succumbed to injuries in hospital, they said.
The bus was going to Palani from Valparai when the driver lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a bend and swerved off the road and fell in the gorge near Aliyar Dam past midnight yesterday, they said.
Fire and rescue personnel and police rushed to the spot and rescued passengers, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know