Seven killed, 35 injured as bus falls into gorge
Coimbatore: Seven persons, including a woman and a child, were killed and 35 others injured when a Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation bus fell into a 70 ft deep gorge near Valparai, about 100 kms from here, police said Sunday.
While three died on the spot, others succumbed to injuries in hospital, they said.
The bus was going to Palani from Valparai when the driver lost control of the vehicle while negotiating a bend and swerved off the road and fell in the gorge near Aliyar Dam past midnight yesterday, they said.
Fire and rescue personnel and police rushed to the spot and rescued passengers, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air