Seven-man gang that indulged in land fraud arrested
Madurai: A gang of seven has been arrested for
its alleged role in a major land fraud involving the sale of housing plots in various housing colonies in the district, police said.
SP Asra Garg told reporters yesterday that the gang had
prepared fake documents of various plots in nine housing
colonies in the district. The accused would use the documents
to threaten owners of new housing plots that one of the gang
members was the actual owner of the plot.
After swindling cash from the plot owners, they would again
sell the plot to somebody else, he said.
Garg said the gang had prepared fake documents for the
entire Park Town area in the district spreading 26 acres.
Adding that the gang was arrested yesterday following a
complaint from the secretary of the Park Town Residents`
Association, he said the fake documents were registered in the
sub-registrar office at By Pass road in Madurai.
The head of the seven-member gang, John Kennedy, was
absconding, he said, adding the gang had been indulging in
this type of crime for the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan