Seven-man gang that indulged in land fraud arrested
Madurai: A gang of seven has been arrested for
its alleged role in a major land fraud involving the sale of housing plots in various housing colonies in the district, police said.
SP Asra Garg told reporters yesterday that the gang had
prepared fake documents of various plots in nine housing
colonies in the district. The accused would use the documents
to threaten owners of new housing plots that one of the gang
members was the actual owner of the plot.
After swindling cash from the plot owners, they would again
sell the plot to somebody else, he said.
Garg said the gang had prepared fake documents for the
entire Park Town area in the district spreading 26 acres.
Adding that the gang was arrested yesterday following a
complaint from the secretary of the Park Town Residents`
Association, he said the fake documents were registered in the
sub-registrar office at By Pass road in Madurai.
The head of the seven-member gang, John Kennedy, was
absconding, he said, adding the gang had been indulging in
this type of crime for the past two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH