Seven school students, van driver killed in mishap
Pudukottai: Seven school students and the driver of a van were killed and four seriously injured on Wednesday when the vehicle collided with a private bus at Poovarasangudi, 10 km from here, police said.
There were ten students in the age group of 12-15 years on board the vehicle besides the driver and his assistant.
The condition of the injured--three students and the assistant, admitted to the government hospital here, is serious.
The victims were students of a government school at the nearby Vallaththirakottai village.
Soon after the incident, the locals blocked roads, saying the students had taken a lift on the van supplying milk as government buses were not stopping at villages and passes were not issued to students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall