Seven school students, van driver killed in mishap
Pudukottai: Seven school students and the driver of a van were killed and four seriously injured on Wednesday when the vehicle collided with a private bus at Poovarasangudi, 10 km from here, police said.
There were ten students in the age group of 12-15 years on board the vehicle besides the driver and his assistant.
The condition of the injured--three students and the assistant, admitted to the government hospital here, is serious.
The victims were students of a government school at the nearby Vallaththirakottai village.
Soon after the incident, the locals blocked roads, saying the students had taken a lift on the van supplying milk as government buses were not stopping at villages and passes were not issued to students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back