Seven school students, van driver killed in mishap
Pudukottai: Seven school students and the driver of a van were killed and four seriously injured on Wednesday when the vehicle collided with a private bus at Poovarasangudi, 10 km from here, police said.
There were ten students in the age group of 12-15 years on board the vehicle besides the driver and his assistant.
The condition of the injured--three students and the assistant, admitted to the government hospital here, is serious.
The victims were students of a government school at the nearby Vallaththirakottai village.
Soon after the incident, the locals blocked roads, saying the students had taken a lift on the van supplying milk as government buses were not stopping at villages and passes were not issued to students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster