Severe cylonic storm stationary between Chennai and Trincomalee
Chennai: Very severe cyclonic storm `Madi` over the Bay of Bengal remained stationary between Chennai and Triconamalee in Sri Lanka and would weaken gradually, India Meterological Department (IMD) said on Monday.
`Madi` remained practically stationary and lay centred about 500 km east-north east of Chennai and 710 km north-north east of Trincomalee, an IMD bulletin said.
"It would weaken gradually and move nearly northwards slowly for 12 hours and then recurve southwestward. Under the influence of this system, rainfall would occur at a few places over coastal Andhra Pradesh and at isolated places over coastal Tamil Nadu and Puducherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands during next 48 hours," it said.
Fishermen from Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh should not venture into deep sea, IMD said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- STOP THIS SHAME! Pakistani doctor living in Gujarat tried to molest 16-year-old patient?
- Karnataka: KSRTC strike affects commuters, Bengaluru worst hit
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Lionel Messi's new look: The hair bleach fever has caught the Argentine legend – Pic inside!
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China