Severe cylonic storm stationary between Chennai and Trincomalee
Chennai: Very severe cyclonic storm `Madi` over the Bay of Bengal remained stationary between Chennai and Triconamalee in Sri Lanka and would weaken gradually, India Meterological Department (IMD) said on Monday.
`Madi` remained practically stationary and lay centred about 500 km east-north east of Chennai and 710 km north-north east of Trincomalee, an IMD bulletin said.
"It would weaken gradually and move nearly northwards slowly for 12 hours and then recurve southwestward. Under the influence of this system, rainfall would occur at a few places over coastal Andhra Pradesh and at isolated places over coastal Tamil Nadu and Puducherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands during next 48 hours," it said.
Fishermen from Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh should not venture into deep sea, IMD said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened