Shaji Purushothaman shifted to prison in Vellore
Chennai: Shaji Purushothaman, arrested in connection with a Mercedes hit-and-run case, has been shifted to a prison in Vellore, police sources said on Monday.
He was shifted from a prison in Puzhal here to a prison in Vellore on Saturday, they said.
On May 23, Shaji, son of businessman here, allegedly drove a car in a rash and negligent manner under the influence of liquor and ran over three children sleeping on the pavement.
A 13-year old boy was killed and another was critically injured in the incident.
Shaji was arrested by the Tamil Nadu police in Kochi on June 13 after absconding for about three weeks since the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview