Shaji Purushothaman shifted to prison in Vellore
Chennai: Shaji Purushothaman, arrested in connection with a Mercedes hit-and-run case, has been shifted to a prison in Vellore, police sources said on Monday.
He was shifted from a prison in Puzhal here to a prison in Vellore on Saturday, they said.
On May 23, Shaji, son of businessman here, allegedly drove a car in a rash and negligent manner under the influence of liquor and ran over three children sleeping on the pavement.
A 13-year old boy was killed and another was critically injured in the incident.
Shaji was arrested by the Tamil Nadu police in Kochi on June 13 after absconding for about three weeks since the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list