Shaji Purushothaman shifted to prison in Vellore
Chennai: Shaji Purushothaman, arrested in connection with a Mercedes hit-and-run case, has been shifted to a prison in Vellore, police sources said on Monday.
He was shifted from a prison in Puzhal here to a prison in Vellore on Saturday, they said.
On May 23, Shaji, son of businessman here, allegedly drove a car in a rash and negligent manner under the influence of liquor and ran over three children sleeping on the pavement.
A 13-year old boy was killed and another was critically injured in the incident.
Shaji was arrested by the Tamil Nadu police in Kochi on June 13 after absconding for about three weeks since the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lost in translation: The peculiar case of a popular French author
- IND vs WI: 'Man of the match' Ravichandran Ashwin credits skipper Virat Kohli for Antigua ton
- Pak police arrest Qandeel's sister, cousin
- 'Suicides in educational institutions not higher than society'
- Barack Obama's half-brother says he will vote for Donald Trump