Shaji Purushothaman shifted to prison in Vellore
Chennai: Shaji Purushothaman, arrested in connection with a Mercedes hit-and-run case, has been shifted to a prison in Vellore, police sources said on Monday.
He was shifted from a prison in Puzhal here to a prison in Vellore on Saturday, they said.
On May 23, Shaji, son of businessman here, allegedly drove a car in a rash and negligent manner under the influence of liquor and ran over three children sleeping on the pavement.
A 13-year old boy was killed and another was critically injured in the incident.
Shaji was arrested by the Tamil Nadu police in Kochi on June 13 after absconding for about three weeks since the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!