Sharp showers last parts of Tamil Nadu
Chennai: After more than a week of sunshine,
many areas in Tamil Nadu experienced sharp showers since last night, even as the Meterological office predicted isolated
heavy rains in parts of South India in the next 48 hours.
The showers caught office goers and school going children
The Meterological office said isolated heavy rain would
occur over north coastal Tamil Nadu, south Tamil Nadu and
Puducherry in the next 48 hours.
Tiruvarur and Tarangambadi (Nagapattinam) each recorded 6
cm, while Karaikal and Tiruthuraipoondi (Tiruvarur) registered
five cm each. Madukkur (Thanjavur), Mannargudi and Muthupet
(both Tiruvarur district), Nagapattinam and Chennaiu received 3 cm.
The Met office forecast valid until November 19 said rain
or thundershower would occur at many places over coastal Tamil
Nadu and Puducherry and at a few places over interior Tamil
Nadu. Isolated rain or thundershowers may occur over coastal
Andhra Pradesh, Rayalaseema, Kerala and South interior
Karnataka. Mainly dry weather would prevail over coastal
and North interior Karnataka, Telangana and Lakshadweep.
In Chennai, the sky would be generally cloudy with one or
two spells of rain or thundershowers, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown