Sharp showers last parts of Tamil Nadu
Chennai: After more than a week of sunshine,
many areas in Tamil Nadu experienced sharp showers since last night, even as the Meterological office predicted isolated
heavy rains in parts of South India in the next 48 hours.
The showers caught office goers and school going children
The Meterological office said isolated heavy rain would
occur over north coastal Tamil Nadu, south Tamil Nadu and
Puducherry in the next 48 hours.
Tiruvarur and Tarangambadi (Nagapattinam) each recorded 6
cm, while Karaikal and Tiruthuraipoondi (Tiruvarur) registered
five cm each. Madukkur (Thanjavur), Mannargudi and Muthupet
(both Tiruvarur district), Nagapattinam and Chennaiu received 3 cm.
The Met office forecast valid until November 19 said rain
or thundershower would occur at many places over coastal Tamil
Nadu and Puducherry and at a few places over interior Tamil
Nadu. Isolated rain or thundershowers may occur over coastal
Andhra Pradesh, Rayalaseema, Kerala and South interior
Karnataka. Mainly dry weather would prevail over coastal
and North interior Karnataka, Telangana and Lakshadweep.
In Chennai, the sky would be generally cloudy with one or
two spells of rain or thundershowers, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar