Sharp showers last parts of Tamil Nadu
Chennai: After more than a week of sunshine,
many areas in Tamil Nadu experienced sharp showers since last night, even as the Meterological office predicted isolated
heavy rains in parts of South India in the next 48 hours.
The showers caught office goers and school going children
The Meterological office said isolated heavy rain would
occur over north coastal Tamil Nadu, south Tamil Nadu and
Puducherry in the next 48 hours.
Tiruvarur and Tarangambadi (Nagapattinam) each recorded 6
cm, while Karaikal and Tiruthuraipoondi (Tiruvarur) registered
five cm each. Madukkur (Thanjavur), Mannargudi and Muthupet
(both Tiruvarur district), Nagapattinam and Chennaiu received 3 cm.
The Met office forecast valid until November 19 said rain
or thundershower would occur at many places over coastal Tamil
Nadu and Puducherry and at a few places over interior Tamil
Nadu. Isolated rain or thundershowers may occur over coastal
Andhra Pradesh, Rayalaseema, Kerala and South interior
Karnataka. Mainly dry weather would prevail over coastal
and North interior Karnataka, Telangana and Lakshadweep.
In Chennai, the sky would be generally cloudy with one or
two spells of rain or thundershowers, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad