Shops raided in Madurai
Madurai: The Assistant Commissioner of
Labour raided shops in this city and seized foreign chocolates
and scent bottles which did not have maximum retail price
stamp on them.
According to a release here, officials raided the shops
on Thursday following complaints that foreign products were
being sold at exorbitant rates.
The searches were conducted in more than 100 shops in this
city. They also seized imported goods in many shops.
The Assistant Commissioner Govindan said severe action
would be taken against those who sold foreign items without
price tag on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says