Shops raided in Madurai
Madurai: The Assistant Commissioner of
Labour raided shops in this city and seized foreign chocolates
and scent bottles which did not have maximum retail price
stamp on them.
According to a release here, officials raided the shops
on Thursday following complaints that foreign products were
being sold at exorbitant rates.
The searches were conducted in more than 100 shops in this
city. They also seized imported goods in many shops.
The Assistant Commissioner Govindan said severe action
would be taken against those who sold foreign items without
price tag on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Japan, China, S.Korea diplomats meet after North Korea launch
- Audio-Technica launches noise-cancelling Bluetooth headphones
- RSS defamation case: Supreme Court to hear Rahul Gandhi's appeal
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime to go on sale today
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government