Shops raided in Madurai
Madurai: The Assistant Commissioner of
Labour raided shops in this city and seized foreign chocolates
and scent bottles which did not have maximum retail price
stamp on them.
According to a release here, officials raided the shops
on Thursday following complaints that foreign products were
being sold at exorbitant rates.
The searches were conducted in more than 100 shops in this
city. They also seized imported goods in many shops.
The Assistant Commissioner Govindan said severe action
would be taken against those who sold foreign items without
price tag on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman