SI murder case: 2 accused escape from custody
Madurai: Two of the main accused in the murder of a Sub-Inspector, today escaped from custody while they were being taken to a Sivaganga court from the central prison here, police said.
Prabhu and Bharathi complained of chest pain and when the police escort team stopped the vehicle in which they were being taken, they attacked two policemen and escaped, they said.
The two injured policemen have been admitted to hospital.
Police have registered a case and are searching for them, sources added.
26-year-old police Sub-Inspector Allwyn Sudan was stabbed to death in Sivaganga district by a group of youths on October 27 when he asked them to take an alternative route while they were on their way to attend the death anniversary of the Maruthupandiyar brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief