SilkAir launches Chennai-Singapore service
Chennai: SilkAir, a 100-per cent subsidiary
of Singapore Airlines, today launched their service on
Chennai-Singapore air route, their sixth operation in the
"The company currently operates in Kochi, Coimbatore,
Trivandrum, Hyderabad and Bangalore," SilkAir (Singapore) Pte
Ltd, Chief Executive, Chin Yau Seng told reporters here.
The service would offer direct flights from Chennai to
Singapore and onward connections to more than 90 international
"After the impact of global meltdown the industry is
picking up....with the launch of this sector we see ourselves
a long-term player in the Indian market", he said.
He said the Indian aviation industry was picking up after
the global meltdown and they were expecting a "strong growth"
in the country. Currently about 50,000 tourists from India
visit Singapore every month.
The airline has offered a promotional fare of Rs 14,000
(for a roundtrip) between Chennai-Singapore for economy
class. For the business class, the price range is between Rs
Declining to comment on their future plans in India,
Seng said they would focus its operations in South India.
The company has 11 Airbus A320 and six A319 range of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case