Situation in Ramanathapuram almost normal: Police
Ramanathapuram: Two days after the
Paramakudi police firing in which seven people were killed,
the situation in the district is "almost normal", though
tension prevails in certain remote pockets.
Additional police forces have been deployed and patrolling
intensified to monitor the fragile situation, police said.
In a fresh incident of violence in the district, five
persons sustained minor injuries when an unidentified gang of
more than 30 people hurled a petrol bomb at a bus at
Police said 50 people from Poosaripatti in Tiruchirappalli
were returning after visiting Kanyakumari, Tiruchendur and
Rameswaram when the bus was attacked.
The injured were given treatment and discharged. The bus
was also damaged in the attack.
No FIR has been filed though a massive manhunt had been
launched to nab the gang members, they said.
There were no untoward incidents in others parts of the
southern districts, police said.
Though the educational department asked the schools to open
today, attendance was thin due to lack of transport from the
The officials said shops also started opening from today,
and many bazaars looked normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price