Situation in Ramanathapuram almost normal: Police
Ramanathapuram: Two days after the
Paramakudi police firing in which seven people were killed,
the situation in the district is "almost normal", though
tension prevails in certain remote pockets.
Additional police forces have been deployed and patrolling
intensified to monitor the fragile situation, police said.
In a fresh incident of violence in the district, five
persons sustained minor injuries when an unidentified gang of
more than 30 people hurled a petrol bomb at a bus at
Police said 50 people from Poosaripatti in Tiruchirappalli
were returning after visiting Kanyakumari, Tiruchendur and
Rameswaram when the bus was attacked.
The injured were given treatment and discharged. The bus
was also damaged in the attack.
No FIR has been filed though a massive manhunt had been
launched to nab the gang members, they said.
There were no untoward incidents in others parts of the
southern districts, police said.
Though the educational department asked the schools to open
today, attendance was thin due to lack of transport from the
The officials said shops also started opening from today,
and many bazaars looked normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?