Situation in Ramanathapuram almost normal: Police
Ramanathapuram: Two days after the
Paramakudi police firing in which seven people were killed,
the situation in the district is "almost normal", though
tension prevails in certain remote pockets.
Additional police forces have been deployed and patrolling
intensified to monitor the fragile situation, police said.
In a fresh incident of violence in the district, five
persons sustained minor injuries when an unidentified gang of
more than 30 people hurled a petrol bomb at a bus at
Police said 50 people from Poosaripatti in Tiruchirappalli
were returning after visiting Kanyakumari, Tiruchendur and
Rameswaram when the bus was attacked.
The injured were given treatment and discharged. The bus
was also damaged in the attack.
No FIR has been filed though a massive manhunt had been
launched to nab the gang members, they said.
There were no untoward incidents in others parts of the
southern districts, police said.
Though the educational department asked the schools to open
today, attendance was thin due to lack of transport from the
The officials said shops also started opening from today,
and many bazaars looked normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre