Six Afghan nationals held for carrying fake passports
Chennai: Six Afghan nationals were detained at
the Anna International airport here on Sunday on the charges of
carrying fake passports.
Airport officials said all the six passengers had come
from Nepal to Chennai and were about to board a Malaysian
bound flight when they were detained after immigration
officials found their passports to be fake.
The passengers told officials that they had come from
Afghanistan to Nepal, where they had obtained the passports.
All the six were later handed over to central city crime
police, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma