Six arrested in connection with death of man in Apr 25 clash
Chennai: Six persons have been arrested by Crime Branch CID of Tamil Nadu Police in connection with the death of a man in the April 25 clash between PMK cadres and villagers near Marakkanam in Kancheepuram district.
The arrested have been remanded and a charge sheet filed in the court yesterday, a police statement said.
A man from Venman Kondan village of Ariyalur district was killed in a clash between villagers of Kancheepuram district and PMK cadres, who were on their way to a function at Mamallapuram on April 25 this year, it said.
Though a case of death due to rash and negligence act was registered initially by police, it was later altered as a murder case and the probe transferred to the CB-CID.
"CB CID investigating officers examined more than 100 witnesses and used forensic techniques in investigation of the case," it added.
The April 25 incident led to large-scale violence in the northern districts of Tamil Nadu, resulting in damage to public properties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested