Six arrested in connection with death of man in Apr 25 clash
Chennai: Six persons have been arrested by Crime Branch CID of Tamil Nadu Police in connection with the death of a man in the April 25 clash between PMK cadres and villagers near Marakkanam in Kancheepuram district.
The arrested have been remanded and a charge sheet filed in the court yesterday, a police statement said.
A man from Venman Kondan village of Ariyalur district was killed in a clash between villagers of Kancheepuram district and PMK cadres, who were on their way to a function at Mamallapuram on April 25 this year, it said.
Though a case of death due to rash and negligence act was registered initially by police, it was later altered as a murder case and the probe transferred to the CB-CID.
"CB CID investigating officers examined more than 100 witnesses and used forensic techniques in investigation of the case," it added.
The April 25 incident led to large-scale violence in the northern districts of Tamil Nadu, resulting in damage to public properties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'