Six arrested in connection with death of man in Apr 25 clash
Chennai: Six persons have been arrested by Crime Branch CID of Tamil Nadu Police in connection with the death of a man in the April 25 clash between PMK cadres and villagers near Marakkanam in Kancheepuram district.
The arrested have been remanded and a charge sheet filed in the court yesterday, a police statement said.
A man from Venman Kondan village of Ariyalur district was killed in a clash between villagers of Kancheepuram district and PMK cadres, who were on their way to a function at Mamallapuram on April 25 this year, it said.
Though a case of death due to rash and negligence act was registered initially by police, it was later altered as a murder case and the probe transferred to the CB-CID.
"CB CID investigating officers examined more than 100 witnesses and used forensic techniques in investigation of the case," it added.
The April 25 incident led to large-scale violence in the northern districts of Tamil Nadu, resulting in damage to public properties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!