Six held for preparing fake certificates
Madurai: Six persons have been arrested here on charges of preparing bogus mark-sheets, transfer, birth and death certificates, police said Thursday.
The kingpin, T C Ramar (50), conspired with five others, including LIC Agents, to produce fake certificates and sold it for nominal rate to people in Madurai, Dindigul, Virudhunagar Ramanathapuram and Namakkal districts, police said.
"Ramar has been doing this for the last 15 years," said T Subakumar,the investigation officer.
They were arrested near here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet