Six held for preparing fake certificates
Madurai: Six persons have been arrested here on charges of preparing bogus mark-sheets, transfer, birth and death certificates, police said Thursday.
The kingpin, T C Ramar (50), conspired with five others, including LIC Agents, to produce fake certificates and sold it for nominal rate to people in Madurai, Dindigul, Virudhunagar Ramanathapuram and Namakkal districts, police said.
"Ramar has been doing this for the last 15 years," said T Subakumar,the investigation officer.
They were arrested near here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'