Six more defence witnesses depose in Jayalalithaa assets case
Bangalore: The evidence of six more defence witnesses in the disproportionate asset case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa was on Thursday recorded by a special court here.
Till date, evidence of 48 witnesses has been recorded in the case in which Jayalalithaa is facing charges that she accumulated wealth to the tune of Rs 66.65 crore disproportionate to her known sources of income when she was the chief minister for the first time from 1991 to 1995.
The prosecution cross examined three defence witnesses.
At the end of today`s proceedings, Judge M S Balakrishna adjourned the case to March 20 for further recording of evidence of defence witnesses and their cross examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand