Six new TN ministers to be sworn in on Sunday
Chennai: Six new ministers, who were inducted
into the Tamil Nadu Cabinet, will be sworn in at a function at
Raj Bhavan Sunday.
Governor K Rosaiah will administer the oath of office to
them at 1500 hours tomorrow, a Raj Bhavan release said.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa yesterday sacked six of
her ministerial colleagues and inducted an equal number to
Those to be sworn-in are former AIADMK minister S
Damodaran, R Kamaraj, S Sundraraj, M Paranjothi, who was
recently elected to the assembly in the bye-election to
Tiruchirapalli West, V Moorthy and K Rajenthra Bhalaji.
The axe fell on C Shamugavelu, R B Udhyakumar, S P
Shanmuganathan, N R Sivapathy, G Senthamizhan and
This is the third time since May when she assumed power
that Jayalalithaa has reshuffled her cabinet.
In June, she dropped Law Minister Isakki Subbaiah and his
portfolio was handed over to Senthamizhan.
She then inducted Chendur Pandiyan as Rural Industries
minister and Mohammedjohn as a replacement to Mariam Pitchai,
who died in a road mishap even before taking oath as MLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!