SL Prez India visit: MDMK to picket PM`s residence
Chennai: Protesting against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa`s proposed visit to India, MDMK founder Vaiko on Friday announced picketing of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence at Delhi besides a black flag protest at Tirupati.
Holding that the Sri Lankan President had planned to visit Bodh Gaya and Tirupati, Vaiko said he would lead the protests in Delhi on February 08.
A staunch critic of Rajapaksa in the light of the Sri Lankan Tamils issue, Vaiko also slammed the ruling UPA government over this matter.
Vaiko had last year led a protest against the Sri Lankan President`s visit to Sanchi in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok