SL Prez India visit: MDMK to picket PM`s residence
Chennai: Protesting against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa`s proposed visit to India, MDMK founder Vaiko on Friday announced picketing of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence at Delhi besides a black flag protest at Tirupati.
Holding that the Sri Lankan President had planned to visit Bodh Gaya and Tirupati, Vaiko said he would lead the protests in Delhi on February 08.
A staunch critic of Rajapaksa in the light of the Sri Lankan Tamils issue, Vaiko also slammed the ruling UPA government over this matter.
Vaiko had last year led a protest against the Sri Lankan President`s visit to Sanchi in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap