SL Prez India visit: MDMK to picket PM`s residence
Chennai: Protesting against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa`s proposed visit to India, MDMK founder Vaiko on Friday announced picketing of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence at Delhi besides a black flag protest at Tirupati.
Holding that the Sri Lankan President had planned to visit Bodh Gaya and Tirupati, Vaiko said he would lead the protests in Delhi on February 08.
A staunch critic of Rajapaksa in the light of the Sri Lankan Tamils issue, Vaiko also slammed the ruling UPA government over this matter.
Vaiko had last year led a protest against the Sri Lankan President`s visit to Sanchi in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter