SL Prez India visit: MDMK to picket PM`s residence
Chennai: Protesting against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa`s proposed visit to India, MDMK founder Vaiko on Friday announced picketing of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence at Delhi besides a black flag protest at Tirupati.
Holding that the Sri Lankan President had planned to visit Bodh Gaya and Tirupati, Vaiko said he would lead the protests in Delhi on February 08.
A staunch critic of Rajapaksa in the light of the Sri Lankan Tamils issue, Vaiko also slammed the ruling UPA government over this matter.
Vaiko had last year led a protest against the Sri Lankan President`s visit to Sanchi in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mayawati justifies counter abuse, says Dayashankar's wife, daughter paying for being silent on 'prostitute' comment
- Una row: 3 Dalits attempt suicide; situation largely peaceful
- Attention nail polish lovers! Here's how to apply nail paints perfectly—Watch video now
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018