SL Prez India visit: MDMK to picket PM`s residence
Chennai: Protesting against Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa`s proposed visit to India, MDMK founder Vaiko on Friday announced picketing of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s residence at Delhi besides a black flag protest at Tirupati.
Holding that the Sri Lankan President had planned to visit Bodh Gaya and Tirupati, Vaiko said he would lead the protests in Delhi on February 08.
A staunch critic of Rajapaksa in the light of the Sri Lankan Tamils issue, Vaiko also slammed the ruling UPA government over this matter.
Vaiko had last year led a protest against the Sri Lankan President`s visit to Sanchi in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing