Slowdown, severe drought has hit TN economy: Jayalalithaa
Chennai: Economic slowdown and last year`s drought in the state had affected Tamil Nadu`s economy Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Thursday said but expressed confidence of reversing the trend.
In her opening remarks at the Collectors` conference here, an annual stock-taking exercise, Jayalalithaa said slowdown has affected economic performance of the state also.
"The severe drought in the state during 2012 impacted growth particularly in the agriculture and allied activities sector. We need to focus on making all efforts to revive economic growth and put it back on a high growth trajectory," she said.
Jayalalitha said she was "quite confident" that with sustained and focussed efforts her government was undertaking across all sectors, "the state would be able to achieve the growth target for 2013-2014."
Jayalalithaa underlined her government`s commitment for an inclusive growth model covering all sections of society including the "most vulnerable and marginalised" ones such as Adi Dravidars, Tribals, BCs and MBCs, among others.
She exhorted the District Collectors to live up to the image of being welfare officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj