Smoke emanates from engine of train, services delayed
Erode: The Erode-Coimbatore passenger train was halted for an hour at Thottipalayam railway station near here on Thursday after smoke started emanating from the engine, Railway sources said.
Mechanics swung into action and switched off the power and detached the engine from the rake after the driver informed officials about the smoke at 7 am, the sources said.
The train continued its journey with a new engine, the source said.
Train services from Erode to other stations were delayed for few hours due to the incident, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says