Smoke emanates from engine of train, services delayed
Erode: The Erode-Coimbatore passenger train was halted for an hour at Thottipalayam railway station near here on Thursday after smoke started emanating from the engine, Railway sources said.
Mechanics swung into action and switched off the power and detached the engine from the rake after the driver informed officials about the smoke at 7 am, the sources said.
The train continued its journey with a new engine, the source said.
Train services from Erode to other stations were delayed for few hours due to the incident, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble