Software engineer gets life term for kidnap and rape in TN
Coimbatore: A 27-year old software engineer was today sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping a girl on the promise of marrying her in 2007.
Mahila Court Judge MP Subramaniam sentenced Sam to undergo seven years RI and imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 for kidnapping the girl and Rs one lakh as compensation for rape.
The sentences would run concurrently.
The judge ordered attachment of the convict`s property if he failed to provide the fine amount to the girl.
Four other accused -- his parents and two friends -- were acquitted by the court.
The prosecution case was that Sam and the girl were in love since their school days and continued their relationship after joining college.
He had taken the girl to Kodaikanal and raped her after giving some sedative mixed soft drink on June 7, 2007.
For next three days, he had physical relationship with her on the promise of marrying her, but later went back on his word following opposition from his parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read