Sons not behind indecent Alagiri posters: Karuna
Chennai: A day after DMK warned of action against those responsible for putting up inappropriate posters relating to Union Minister M K Alagiri, party chief M Karunanidhi Wednesday said that none of his sons were involved in such activities and blamed a rival camp for it.
"The posters are the result of (action from) a rival camp. I firmly believe none of my sons would have been the reason for it. Anyone who works with the intention of splitting the party will not succeed in the attempt," he told reporters.
Asked if those responsible had been identified, he said "they may hide behind the drama enacted by them. Not just the party, even those who had tried to destabilise me have not succeeded and will not succeed," he said.
He recalled that DMK had yesterday issued a statement warning of action against those who had put up such posters.
The city was awash by posters of Alagiri for his 62nd birthday celebrations today.
Sibling war came to the fore recently after Karunanidhi made it clear that his younger son M K Stalin would be his successor and Alagiri indicating he would oppose the decision saying DMK was "not a mutt".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015