Special Chief Electoral officer, Joint CEO posted for LS polls
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Saturday posted two IAS officials as Special Chief Electoral Officer and Joint Chief Electoral Officer respectively for the coming Lok Sabha polls.
A Karthik, Commissioner of Town and Country Planning was transferred and posted as "Special Chief Electoral Officer," a temporary post for election related work, an official release here said.
Ajay Yadav, Joint Commissioner of Municipal Administration
was transferred and posted as "Joint Chief Electoral Officer" (IT) and Deputy Secretary to Government in the Public (Elections) Department, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest