Speeding bus kills girl, angry public torches vehicle
Coimbatore: A speeding bus killed a 21-year old girl on her way to work at Mettupalayam, about 40 km from here, resulting in the angry public torching it.
The girl was on her way to work in a diamond making unit when the bus hit her while trying to overtake a bus. Though the driver sped away, the public stopped it after a distance, asked the passengers to get down and torched the vehicle, police said.
As tense moments prevailed, police rushed to the spot, even as the girl`s parents and relatives as also the public staged a road roko, protesting over the death. However, they dispersed on being assured that suitable action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'