Speeding bus kills girl, angry public torches vehicle
Coimbatore: A speeding bus killed a 21-year old girl on her way to work at Mettupalayam, about 40 km from here, resulting in the angry public torching it.
The girl was on her way to work in a diamond making unit when the bus hit her while trying to overtake a bus. Though the driver sped away, the public stopped it after a distance, asked the passengers to get down and torched the vehicle, police said.
As tense moments prevailed, police rushed to the spot, even as the girl`s parents and relatives as also the public staged a road roko, protesting over the death. However, they dispersed on being assured that suitable action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days