Speeding bus kills girl, angry public torches vehicle
Coimbatore: A speeding bus killed a 21-year old girl on her way to work at Mettupalayam, about 40 km from here, resulting in the angry public torching it.
The girl was on her way to work in a diamond making unit when the bus hit her while trying to overtake a bus. Though the driver sped away, the public stopped it after a distance, asked the passengers to get down and torched the vehicle, police said.
As tense moments prevailed, police rushed to the spot, even as the girl`s parents and relatives as also the public staged a road roko, protesting over the death. However, they dispersed on being assured that suitable action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi