Speeding bus kills girl, angry public torches vehicle
Coimbatore: A speeding bus killed a 21-year old girl on her way to work at Mettupalayam, about 40 km from here, resulting in the angry public torching it.
The girl was on her way to work in a diamond making unit when the bus hit her while trying to overtake a bus. Though the driver sped away, the public stopped it after a distance, asked the passengers to get down and torched the vehicle, police said.
As tense moments prevailed, police rushed to the spot, even as the girl`s parents and relatives as also the public staged a road roko, protesting over the death. However, they dispersed on being assured that suitable action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj