Speeding bus kills girl, angry public torches vehicle
Coimbatore: A speeding bus killed a 21-year old girl on her way to work at Mettupalayam, about 40 km from here, resulting in the angry public torching it.
The girl was on her way to work in a diamond making unit when the bus hit her while trying to overtake a bus. Though the driver sped away, the public stopped it after a distance, asked the passengers to get down and torched the vehicle, police said.
As tense moments prevailed, police rushed to the spot, even as the girl`s parents and relatives as also the public staged a road roko, protesting over the death. However, they dispersed on being assured that suitable action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister