SPG team in Chennai; inspects security measures for PM visit
Chennai: An eight-member high-level Special
Protection Group (SPG) team from Delhi on Wednesday inspected the
security measures for the visit of Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and AICC President Sonia Gandhi to the city on March 13
to inaugurate the new assembly complex.
The team headed by Inspector General Rajesh Chandra
attended the advance security meeting and held discussions
with police and other airport security officials about the
measures for the arrival and departure of Singh, Gandhi and
other VIPs, airport sources said.
The team inspected the airport complex area and proceeded
to the Assembly complex.
The SPG team would also visit the Raj Bhavan and the IIT
Madras campus, where the Prime Minister was expected to attend
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa