Spl team to acquire land for airport expansion
Tiruchirappalli: A special team, comprising
District Revenue Officer, Joint Director of Agriculture, PWD
and Corporation officials and airport officials has been
formed to acquire land for expansion of the airport here,
according to a top official.
Airport Advisory committee president MP P Kumar told
reporters here last night that 510 acres should be acquired,
of which 164.5 acres belonged to the Army. An alternate site
would be given to them, he said, adding the other portion of
the dry and wet land would be acquired.
Meanwhile an airport press release on Sunday said runway
expansion would be undertaken in the first stage from
8000 feet to 9000 feet and thereafter to 10,500 feet in the
second and 12,000 feet in the third stage. A visitor`s
restaurant and a railway reservation counter would also come
up at the airport, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi