Spl team to acquire land for airport expansion
Tiruchirappalli: A special team, comprising
District Revenue Officer, Joint Director of Agriculture, PWD
and Corporation officials and airport officials has been
formed to acquire land for expansion of the airport here,
according to a top official.
Airport Advisory committee president MP P Kumar told
reporters here last night that 510 acres should be acquired,
of which 164.5 acres belonged to the Army. An alternate site
would be given to them, he said, adding the other portion of
the dry and wet land would be acquired.
Meanwhile an airport press release on Sunday said runway
expansion would be undertaken in the first stage from
8000 feet to 9000 feet and thereafter to 10,500 feet in the
second and 12,000 feet in the third stage. A visitor`s
restaurant and a railway reservation counter would also come
up at the airport, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!