Sr IPS officer Pramod Kumar admitted to hospital
Coimbatore: Senior IPS Officer Pramod Kumar, arrested in connection with the Rs 824-crore Paazee Forex Trading scam case, was on Wednesday admitted to the Government hospital here, following complaints of chest pain.
Kumar, then IGP (West Zone) here when the case was registered, was arrested in New Delhi on May 2 on the charge of entering into a conspiracy to get a bribe of Rs 10 crore from Paazee Forex Trading company for protecting its directors facing charges of duping depositors to the tune of Rs 826 crore in 2009.
He was remanded to judicial custody by CBI Court and lodged in the Central Prison here till May 17. Kumar was complaining of `ill health and chest pain,` when he was brought to the city on May three. He had sought `A Class` facility and treatment in private hospital, with the Judge, who left the matter to the decision of the Jail Administration.
As the official complained of chest pain today, he was taken to the Government Hospital and kept in the ICU for observation, hospital sources said.
Kumar was taken to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital yesterday, as he complained of `indisposition`. After a checkup, CBI continued questioning him.
CBI has charged Kumar with abusing his official position and making his subordinates and accomplices extort money from Paazee Group of companies to safequard its directors. He was on the run for a long time and the Madras High Court had turned down his anticipatory bail plea last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- VVIP choppers deal: ED summons Mitchel's Indian contacts
- Lenovo files trademark for 'Moto Z' smartphone; end of Moto X series?
- Calls from Dawood Ibrahim's house: ATS to probe charges against Eknath Khadse
- Obama looks to Hiroshima visit; Abe won't go to Pearl Harbor
- India emerges as 5th largest producer of e-waste in world, says study