SR wants Chennai- Madurai Duranto Exp 4 times/week
Madurai: Southern Railways has sought permission to operate the Duranto Express between Madurai and Chennai four times a week and was awaiting the Railway Board`s clearance, Divisional Railway Manager AK Rastogi has said.
Participating at a Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce meeting here last night,he said there was plan to operate more trains between Dindigul and Palani.
The Railways had been receiving several complaints about fleecing of passengers by Auto drivers, and hence they planned to put up pre-paid auto system shortly.
The railways now wanted to give priority to cleanliness of trains and platforms.
Chamber President Jagadeesan said a Trade fair is being organised at Jaffna in Sri Lanka from Jan 18 to 20. Chamber members would participate and display their products at the fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical