SR wants Chennai- Madurai Duranto Exp 4 times/week
Madurai: Southern Railways has sought permission to operate the Duranto Express between Madurai and Chennai four times a week and was awaiting the Railway Board`s clearance, Divisional Railway Manager AK Rastogi has said.
Participating at a Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce meeting here last night,he said there was plan to operate more trains between Dindigul and Palani.
The Railways had been receiving several complaints about fleecing of passengers by Auto drivers, and hence they planned to put up pre-paid auto system shortly.
The railways now wanted to give priority to cleanliness of trains and platforms.
Chamber President Jagadeesan said a Trade fair is being organised at Jaffna in Sri Lanka from Jan 18 to 20. Chamber members would participate and display their products at the fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui