SR wants Chennai- Madurai Duranto Exp 4 times/week
Madurai: Southern Railways has sought permission to operate the Duranto Express between Madurai and Chennai four times a week and was awaiting the Railway Board`s clearance, Divisional Railway Manager AK Rastogi has said.
Participating at a Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce meeting here last night,he said there was plan to operate more trains between Dindigul and Palani.
The Railways had been receiving several complaints about fleecing of passengers by Auto drivers, and hence they planned to put up pre-paid auto system shortly.
The railways now wanted to give priority to cleanliness of trains and platforms.
Chamber President Jagadeesan said a Trade fair is being organised at Jaffna in Sri Lanka from Jan 18 to 20. Chamber members would participate and display their products at the fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read