SR wants Chennai- Madurai Duranto Exp 4 times/week
Madurai: Southern Railways has sought permission to operate the Duranto Express between Madurai and Chennai four times a week and was awaiting the Railway Board`s clearance, Divisional Railway Manager AK Rastogi has said.
Participating at a Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce meeting here last night,he said there was plan to operate more trains between Dindigul and Palani.
The Railways had been receiving several complaints about fleecing of passengers by Auto drivers, and hence they planned to put up pre-paid auto system shortly.
The railways now wanted to give priority to cleanliness of trains and platforms.
Chamber President Jagadeesan said a Trade fair is being organised at Jaffna in Sri Lanka from Jan 18 to 20. Chamber members would participate and display their products at the fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city