Sri Lanka must stop attacks on Indian fishermen
Madurai: Terming repeated attacks on Indian fishermen by Sri Lankan Navy as a national issue, BJP leader LK Advani on Friday said the government should firmly ask Colombo to put an end to them.
"Sri Lanka must be told firmly that the repeated attacks on Indian fishermen must end," he told reporters here.
Advani also said the victims must be adequately compensated.
"It should not be regarded as a local matter as it does not relate to Tamil Nadu only. It must be regarded as a part of the national strategy and the government must evolve a plan on how to deal with it," he said.
"The repeated attacks on Tamil fishermen by Sri Lankan Navy and security forces is deeply reprehensible. The government of India must take up the issue in an effective and forthright manner to prevent the recurrence of such deplorable
incidents," Advani said.
Advani said that all Tamil refugees in Sri Lanka must be rehabilitated with dignity and security along with due recognition of their democratic rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid