Sri Lankan national held with over 80 fake passports in TN
Udhagamandalam: A Sri Lankan national allegedly involved in sending Lankan Tamils living in the state to various countries on fake passports was arrested on Monday and 82 fake passports seized from him, police said.
The 32-year-old man from Manavakkal in Sri Lanka was nabbed at Devala during a routine vehicle check and handed over to police, who found the fake passports in his baggage.
On being questioned, the man said he had enlisted the help of an agent in Chennai to send Lankan Tamils living in the state to countries like Iran, Iraq and Egypt on fake passports and visas.
Cases under various sections of IPC have been registered against him, they said, adding a search was on to nab the agent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit