Sri Lankan national held with over 80 fake passports in TN
Udhagamandalam: A Sri Lankan national allegedly involved in sending Lankan Tamils living in the state to various countries on fake passports was arrested on Monday and 82 fake passports seized from him, police said.
The 32-year-old man from Manavakkal in Sri Lanka was nabbed at Devala during a routine vehicle check and handed over to police, who found the fake passports in his baggage.
On being questioned, the man said he had enlisted the help of an agent in Chennai to send Lankan Tamils living in the state to countries like Iran, Iraq and Egypt on fake passports and visas.
Cases under various sections of IPC have been registered against him, they said, adding a search was on to nab the agent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief