Sri Lankan national held with over 80 fake passports in TN
Udhagamandalam: A Sri Lankan national allegedly involved in sending Lankan Tamils living in the state to various countries on fake passports was arrested on Monday and 82 fake passports seized from him, police said.
The 32-year-old man from Manavakkal in Sri Lanka was nabbed at Devala during a routine vehicle check and handed over to police, who found the fake passports in his baggage.
On being questioned, the man said he had enlisted the help of an agent in Chennai to send Lankan Tamils living in the state to countries like Iran, Iraq and Egypt on fake passports and visas.
Cases under various sections of IPC have been registered against him, they said, adding a search was on to nab the agent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies