Sri Lankan national held with over 80 fake passports in TN
Udhagamandalam: A Sri Lankan national allegedly involved in sending Lankan Tamils living in the state to various countries on fake passports was arrested on Monday and 82 fake passports seized from him, police said.
The 32-year-old man from Manavakkal in Sri Lanka was nabbed at Devala during a routine vehicle check and handed over to police, who found the fake passports in his baggage.
On being questioned, the man said he had enlisted the help of an agent in Chennai to send Lankan Tamils living in the state to countries like Iran, Iraq and Egypt on fake passports and visas.
Cases under various sections of IPC have been registered against him, they said, adding a search was on to nab the agent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem