Sri Lankan Navy arrests 38 Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: Thirty-eight fishermen from Kottaipattinam and Rameswaram were arrested by Sri Lankan Navy personnel early Tuesday on charges of crossing International Maritime Boundary Line.
The Lankan Navy personnel also seized nine of their boats, "Q" Branch Inspector Kennedy and A Jesuraja, the president of the Fishermen Association, said
While 20 fishermen and four boats from here were taken to Talaimannar, 18 fishermen from Kottaipattinam and their five boats were taken to Jaffna, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'