Sri Lankan Navy arrests 38 Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: Thirty-eight fishermen from Kottaipattinam and Rameswaram were arrested by Sri Lankan Navy personnel early Tuesday on charges of crossing International Maritime Boundary Line.
The Lankan Navy personnel also seized nine of their boats, "Q" Branch Inspector Kennedy and A Jesuraja, the president of the Fishermen Association, said
While 20 fishermen and four boats from here were taken to Talaimannar, 18 fishermen from Kottaipattinam and their five boats were taken to Jaffna, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest