Sri Lankan Navy arrests 38 Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: Thirty-eight fishermen from Kottaipattinam and Rameswaram were arrested by Sri Lankan Navy personnel early Tuesday on charges of crossing International Maritime Boundary Line.
The Lankan Navy personnel also seized nine of their boats, "Q" Branch Inspector Kennedy and A Jesuraja, the president of the Fishermen Association, said
While 20 fishermen and four boats from here were taken to Talaimannar, 18 fishermen from Kottaipattinam and their five boats were taken to Jaffna, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources