Sri Lankan Navy sinks TN fishermen boat
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Navy personnel allegedly sunk one of the boats in which fishermen from Tamil Nadu were fishing after intercepting the vessels in Indian
waters on Sunday.
Fisheries Department sources said here that more than 2,200 fishermen in about 596 boats were fishing in the sea near Katchatheveeu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation, when the Navy personnel came in four boats and intercepted them.
The Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly rammed their boat against one of the fishermen vessels resulting in its sinking, the sources said.
However, the four occupants in the boat were saved by the other fishermen and brought to the shore, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How 'Dishoom' team rescued 'Freedom 251' smartphone maker Mohit Goel!
- Narendra Modi became PM only to `murder` you! Get a life Mr Arvind Kejriwal
- Toyota falls behind Volkswagen in world`s biggest automaker race
- Know explosive details about Samjhauta Express blast, 'Hindu terror', Ishrat Jahan from the horse's mouth
- BJP suggests detoxification therapy for 'unstable' Kejriwal after his 'PM may get me killed' remark