Sri Lankan Navy sinks TN fishermen boat
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Navy personnel allegedly sunk one of the boats in which fishermen from Tamil Nadu were fishing after intercepting the vessels in Indian
waters on Sunday.
Fisheries Department sources said here that more than 2,200 fishermen in about 596 boats were fishing in the sea near Katchatheveeu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation, when the Navy personnel came in four boats and intercepted them.
The Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly rammed their boat against one of the fishermen vessels resulting in its sinking, the sources said.
However, the four occupants in the boat were saved by the other fishermen and brought to the shore, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday