Sri Lankan Navy sinks TN fishermen boat
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Navy personnel allegedly sunk one of the boats in which fishermen from Tamil Nadu were fishing after intercepting the vessels in Indian
waters on Sunday.
Fisheries Department sources said here that more than 2,200 fishermen in about 596 boats were fishing in the sea near Katchatheveeu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation, when the Navy personnel came in four boats and intercepted them.
The Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly rammed their boat against one of the fishermen vessels resulting in its sinking, the sources said.
However, the four occupants in the boat were saved by the other fishermen and brought to the shore, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's speech at SCO meet - Full Text
- Mob destroys mosque as religious, ethnic tension rises in Myanmar
- Maoists torch six vehicles, blast forest office in Jharkhand
- Big B's '102 Not Out' to roll in 2016 end!
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh to re-unite soon?