Sri Lankan Navy sinks TN fishermen boat
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Navy personnel allegedly sunk one of the boats in which fishermen from Tamil Nadu were fishing after intercepting the vessels in Indian
waters on Sunday.
Fisheries Department sources said here that more than 2,200 fishermen in about 596 boats were fishing in the sea near Katchatheveeu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation, when the Navy personnel came in four boats and intercepted them.
The Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly rammed their boat against one of the fishermen vessels resulting in its sinking, the sources said.
However, the four occupants in the boat were saved by the other fishermen and brought to the shore, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC