Sri Lankan Navy sinks TN fishermen boat
Rameswaram: Sri Lankan Navy personnel allegedly sunk one of the boats in which fishermen from Tamil Nadu were fishing after intercepting the vessels in Indian
waters on Sunday.
Fisheries Department sources said here that more than 2,200 fishermen in about 596 boats were fishing in the sea near Katchatheveeu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation, when the Navy personnel came in four boats and intercepted them.
The Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly rammed their boat against one of the fishermen vessels resulting in its sinking, the sources said.
However, the four occupants in the boat were saved by the other fishermen and brought to the shore, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!