Sri Lankan Tamils row: Students in TN continue protests
Chennai: Students of various colleges in Tamil Nadu continued their protests for the seventh day on Sunday over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue.
In Chennai, students of Dr Ambedkar Law College continued their hunger strike even as 20 students of IIT-Madras embarked on a similar protest inside their campus, police said.
Protests continued in various parts of the state, including Coimbatore and Tirunelveli, with students pressing for various demands, including an independent probe against Colombo for alleged human rights violations and moving the International Court of Justice.
City-based Loyola College students had first embarked on a fast-unto-death last week on this emotive issue, with more and more students taking to various forms of protests, including hunger strike and boycott of classes.
Emotions in Tamil Nadu had surged especially after pictures by a private channel showed the alleged cold blooded killing of slain LTTE chief V Prabakaran`s 12-year-old son, Balachandran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!