Sri Ramanathaswamy temple’s consecration in October
Rameswaram: Consecration of the famous Sri Ramanathaswamy temple here would take place next year with renovation work going on in full swing, a top official said on Thursday.
Renovation works, costing Rs.One crore, were now going on and all enclosures of the temple had been spruced up and sculptures renovated as per the latest guidelines though the process was expensive, Commissioner Of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Department P Dhanapal told a news agency today.
Joint Commissioner of the Temple Selvaraj said two Scanners, costing Rs 20 lakh, would be installed in the temple in view of the terror threat being faced by the temple.
He said all cottages of the temple were also being spruced up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda