Sri Ramanathaswamy temple’s consecration in October
Rameswaram: Consecration of the famous Sri Ramanathaswamy temple here would take place next year with renovation work going on in full swing, a top official said on Thursday.
Renovation works, costing Rs.One crore, were now going on and all enclosures of the temple had been spruced up and sculptures renovated as per the latest guidelines though the process was expensive, Commissioner Of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Department P Dhanapal told a news agency today.
Joint Commissioner of the Temple Selvaraj said two Scanners, costing Rs 20 lakh, would be installed in the temple in view of the terror threat being faced by the temple.
He said all cottages of the temple were also being spruced up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Cow creates chaos near Parliament area!
- Sinners offering money to temples for solace: Chandrababu Naidu
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Ex-Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi convoy attacked, police van set on fire near Gaya
- IPL 2016: David Warner praises SRH bowlers, fielders for win over KKR in IPL Eliminator
- Not just LGBT, Sonam Kapoor is strong supporter of basic human rights
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic