Sri Ramanathaswamy temple’s consecration in October
Rameswaram: Consecration of the famous Sri Ramanathaswamy temple here would take place next year with renovation work going on in full swing, a top official said on Thursday.
Renovation works, costing Rs.One crore, were now going on and all enclosures of the temple had been spruced up and sculptures renovated as per the latest guidelines though the process was expensive, Commissioner Of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment Department P Dhanapal told a news agency today.
Joint Commissioner of the Temple Selvaraj said two Scanners, costing Rs 20 lakh, would be installed in the temple in view of the terror threat being faced by the temple.
He said all cottages of the temple were also being spruced up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury