Stalin among 5 named to hold seat sharing talks for LS polls
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s son and Treasurer MK Stalin is among the five persons named by the party to hold seat-sharing talks with alliance parties for the coming Parliamentary elections.
Party general secretary K Anbazhagan announced constituting the panel, whose other members are senior leaders Durai Murugan, VP Duraisamy, RS Bharathi and PV Kalyanasundaram.
Further, Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi and former Telecom Minister A Raja, also DMK Propaganda Secretary, have been named in the committee that will prepare the party`s manifesto for the Lok Sabha polls.
A statement released by Anbazhagan said Lok Sabha MPs T R Baalu and T K S Elangovan, Sarguna Pandian, Subbulakshmi Jagadeesan and Prof A Ramasamy are the other members.
DMK has already finalised alliance with small parties like VCK, MMK and Puthiya Tamizhagam even as Karunanidhi had ruled out a tie-up with Congress or BJP.
The party is also open to an alliance with actor-politician Vijayakant`s DMDK, with Karunanidhi himself declaring his willingness for such a partnership, but the former has been keeping his cards close to his chest even as his party is being wooed by BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy