Stalin among 5 named to hold seat sharing talks for LS polls
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s son and Treasurer MK Stalin is among the five persons named by the party to hold seat-sharing talks with alliance parties for the coming Parliamentary elections.
Party general secretary K Anbazhagan announced constituting the panel, whose other members are senior leaders Durai Murugan, VP Duraisamy, RS Bharathi and PV Kalyanasundaram.
Further, Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi and former Telecom Minister A Raja, also DMK Propaganda Secretary, have been named in the committee that will prepare the party`s manifesto for the Lok Sabha polls.
A statement released by Anbazhagan said Lok Sabha MPs T R Baalu and T K S Elangovan, Sarguna Pandian, Subbulakshmi Jagadeesan and Prof A Ramasamy are the other members.
DMK has already finalised alliance with small parties like VCK, MMK and Puthiya Tamizhagam even as Karunanidhi had ruled out a tie-up with Congress or BJP.
The party is also open to an alliance with actor-politician Vijayakant`s DMDK, with Karunanidhi himself declaring his willingness for such a partnership, but the former has been keeping his cards close to his chest even as his party is being wooed by BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed