Stalin asks supporters not to celebrate his b`day
Chennai: DMK Treasurer and son of party chief
M Karunanidhi, M K Stalin, on Saturday asked his supporters to
desist from celebrating his birthday saying the situation was
not conducive for such a celebration.
The former deputy Chief Minister, who will turn 60 on
March 1, asked the followers to instead undertake welfare
measures to help the poor under the banner "Youth Rise Day".
Stalin is also DMK Youth Wing secretary.
"In the eight-month old Jayalalithaa government people have
been suffering from untold miseries including hike in milk
prices and bus fares besides deteriorating law and order," he
said in a party statement.
Stalin charged that while no welfare schemes have been
announced by the ruling AIADMK, the new regime had ended
schemes initiated by the previous DMK government.
"We are witnessing the framing of our partymen under
foisted cases. Therefore, my strict request is that it is not
the time to celebrate my birthday," Stalin said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof