Stalin elected DMK floor leader in TN Assembly
Chennai: DMK treasurer and party`s legislator
from Kolathur constituency in Chennai, MK Stalin, son of
party chief M Karunanidhi, was on Wednesday unanimously elected as
DMK floor leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
Former law minister Durai Murugan will be his deputy and
Sakkrapani will be the DMK whip, a party press release said.
Stalin was elected at a meeting of party`s MLAs here,
presided by Karunanidhi.
DMK has a strength of 23 MLAs in the 234-member Tamil Nadu
He was deputy chief minister in the previous DMK regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda