Stalin slams AIADMK govt
Tirunelveli: DMK Treasurer M K Stalin on Monday hit out at the ruling AIADMK for increasing the bus fare and milk prices and its "failure" to tackle the power crisis.
Campaigning here for the party`s candidate Jawahar Suryakumar in the March 18 bye-election to the Sankarankoil (SC) assembly segment, Stalin charged that the
Jayalalithaa-government had thrown to the winds the assurances given to people at the time of the assembly elections.
Bus-fares and milk prices have been raised and there is no end to the power cuts, he said, claiming that Jayalalithaa had promised while campaigning for the April 13 assembly polls that there would be no power cuts once AIADMK assumed power.
"The bypoll result will teach a fitting lesson to the authoritarian attitude of those at the helm of affairs," he said.
He referred to the development activities taken up by the previous DMK government such as drinking water facilities for Sankarankoil town and surrounding villages and sought people`s support for his party`s candidate.
AIADMK has fielded Sankarankoil Municipal Chairperson V Muthuselvi, who faces competition from DMK`s Suryakumar and DMDK`s K Muthukumar,MDMK`s Sadan Thirumalai Kumar and BJP`s Murugan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued