Stalin slams AIADMK govt
Tirunelveli: DMK Treasurer M K Stalin on Monday hit out at the ruling AIADMK for increasing the bus fare and milk prices and its "failure" to tackle the power crisis.
Campaigning here for the party`s candidate Jawahar Suryakumar in the March 18 bye-election to the Sankarankoil (SC) assembly segment, Stalin charged that the
Jayalalithaa-government had thrown to the winds the assurances given to people at the time of the assembly elections.
Bus-fares and milk prices have been raised and there is no end to the power cuts, he said, claiming that Jayalalithaa had promised while campaigning for the April 13 assembly polls that there would be no power cuts once AIADMK assumed power.
"The bypoll result will teach a fitting lesson to the authoritarian attitude of those at the helm of affairs," he said.
He referred to the development activities taken up by the previous DMK government such as drinking water facilities for Sankarankoil town and surrounding villages and sought people`s support for his party`s candidate.
AIADMK has fielded Sankarankoil Municipal Chairperson V Muthuselvi, who faces competition from DMK`s Suryakumar and DMDK`s K Muthukumar,MDMK`s Sadan Thirumalai Kumar and BJP`s Murugan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened