Stalin, son booked for land grab
Chennai: Tamil Nadu police Thursday said they have registered a land grab case against former deputy chief minister MK Stalin, his son Udayanidhi Stalin and four others on a complaint.
The case has been registered under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against Stalin, Udayanidhi Stalin, Raja Shankar, Subba Reddy, Venugopal Reddy and Srinivas for threatening and coercing N Seshadrikumar to sell his house here to the family members of the former deputy chief minister.
In a statement issued here, police said Srinivas threatened the tenants of Seshadrikumar to vacate the house and forced him to sell the property.
The property, measuring around 6,000 sq ft, was registered in the name of Venugopal Reddy, said to be Stalin`s associate, for Rs.5.54 crore -- less than the market price prevailing in 2010.
It is said Stalin wanted the land adjacent to his house for his daughter.
According to Seshadrikumar, police refused to accept his complaint against those who threatened him last year, when the DMK was in power.
This is among the numerous land grab and graft cases filed by the AIADMK government against leaders of the erstwhile DMK regime.
DMK Lok Sabha member JK Ritheesh Kumar was arrested Nov 16 on land grab charges in Chennai.
The state police have also arrested former ministers K.N. Nehru, Veerapandi Arumugam, NKKP Raja and K Ponmudi for land grab.
The former state ministers are now out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL