Stalin`s son granted anticipatory bail
Chennai: Udayanidhi Stalin, son of DMK leader
M K Stalin, who apprehended arrest in a land grabbing case,
was on Wednesday granted anticipatory bail by the Madras High Court.
There may not be any likelihood to tamper with evidence or
hamper witnesses, Justice S Palanivelu said while granting the
bail and directed Udayanidhi Stalin to furnish a personal bond
for Rs 10,000 with two sureties for like amounts.
The Judge directed him to appear before the city police
every day at 10.00AM and thereafter if and when required.
The Judge also granted anticipatory bail to Rajasankar, an
associate of Stalin.
In his application for bail, Udayanidhi, grandson of DMK
President M Karunanidhi, claimed that the complainant, N S
Seshadri Kumar "acting maliciously using all illegal means,"
had involved him in land grabbing of property to an extent of
six grounds (one ground equals to about 2400 sq feet).
Alleging that the announcement by Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa on setting up police cells to tackle land
grabbing cases and courts had paved the way for Kumar to
"prefer the false complaint in a malafide manner," Udayanidhi
claimed that he was innocent and that the police without
verifying the veracity of the complaint had registered a case.
He said he was in no way connected with the land except
that he was a tenant and had rented the property as it
was near his father`s residence.
Police have registered a FIR against Udayanidhi, his father
and four others following the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'